Wednesday, February 20, 2008

DNS Propagated (At Least for USA and Japan)

O joy! I can see http://www.overstream.net working again! So, the DNS has propagated to Japan already - faster than I expected. It is also working in USA, some users are reporting. So, we are well on the way to recovery! The hosting promises they will keep an eye on the account to see if it's doing anything funny, but I can't imagine why it would - it worked just perfectly on this server all this time.

I will be finally going to sleep (it is deeeep night here in Tokyo), and I will try to sort out any remaining issues tomorrow. I guess I feel tired in the same way as Bilbo from There and Back Again: for some obscure reason we were moved to another server, it didn't work out, and now we are back home. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's back up for me, came up a few minutes ago.

Gaël said...

Working fine at the moment... :)
Well done Max.

At your service, Gaël from Chile

Overstream said...

Thanks for reporting guys! This feels a bit like elections in USA, with calls coming in: "We have won the state of Colorado!" "We have taken Iowa!" :)

Anonymous said...

here in europe (germany) it's not working at least when i type overstream.net it says.: Page not found