Monday, February 25, 2008

Dedicated Hosting Ordered

I just got off the phone, having ordered a dedicated server hosting. It will take them some time to set it up, and then to transfer the existing account and then for me to go through it and make sure that everything is working. They said that this might take a maximum of 24-36 hours.

At the same time I am trying to get the shared hosting to unsuspend the account for the time being (while the dedicated server is setup), but I can understand their reluctance - our account has a knack for bringing down the whole shared server (which has 100+ other accounts on it :)).

In any case, the bottom line is that in at most two days we will definitely have a dedicated server. Let's hope that somehow I can convince them to bring up the shared hosting account in the meanwhile... keeping my fingers crossed!

No comments: